Whirlpool Washer SUD error code indicates that overdose of detergent is detected during the wash cycle .
- Symptom: The motor control unit senses a suds lock condition by analyzing the current draw on the drive motor. If “Sud” is displayed a potential suds lock is detected.
- Possible causes:
- Too much detergent is being used.
- Drain hose is plugged or kinked.
- Drain Pump filter is plugged.
- Drain pump, pressure switch or control board (CCU) malfunction.
- If too much detergent was used, run the unit through a Rinse/Spin cycle then a Normal cycle without adding any detergent. This should clear the unit of the excess detergent.
- Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or kinked.
- Check and clean drain pump filter of foreign objects and debris.
Whirlpool Appliance Repair San Diego (619)339-5682 | (858)208-3549 | (949)432-0720
Disclaimer: The Technical Reference Materials (hereinafter “Materials”) at this site are intended for viewing and use by qualified appliance service technicians. If you do not possess sufficient mechanical and electrical skills and the ability to comprehend, understand and follow all safety warnings and cautions on the product in these Materials, do not attempt to undertake the repairs that are depicted in these Materials. MD Appliance LLC disclaims any and all liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law, arising out of your use of the site and Materials.