Miele Coffee Maker Brew Unit Degreasing via the Rinse Cycle on models CVA 610 and CVA 615
The natural oil found in coffee can cause the brew unit to clog. The message “Rinsing Cycle” will flash in the message window after 500 cups to remind you to clean the brew unit using cleaning tablets. These specialty cleaning tablets can be purchased from Miele.
- Remove the waste container.
- Take out the brew unit and put the cleaning tablet in the brew unit funnel.
- Return the brew unit and waste container to the appliance and close the door.
- Place a 3-cup (25-ounce) container under the coffee dispensers.
- Press the rinse/pre-warm button. (The appliance must be pre-heated and readyto use, or the button will not respond.)
- The display will read
"Rinsing *Rinsing Cycle"
Press ▼ to select “Rinsing cycle” with the asterisk.
Press ENTER. The display will read:
A small amount of water will flow out of the coffee dispensers. After a pause, more water will flow out. This process will run 4 times, dispensing 2 cups (17 ounces) of hot water. The whole procedure takes about 5 minutes.
At the end of the cleaning cycle, the display will read:"Select ProductReady to Use"
Disclaimer: The Technical Reference Materials (hereinafter “Materials”) at this site are intended for viewing and use by qualified appliance service technicians. If you do not possess sufficient mechanical and electrical skills and the ability to comprehend, understand and follow all safety warnings and cautions on the product in these Materials, do not attempt to undertake the repairs that are depicted in these Materials. MD Appliance LLC disclaims any and all liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law, arising out of your use of the site and Materials.