Stove Repair Tips and Solutions
KitchenAid induction cooktop burners not operating. Models KICU500X**0*
- Symptom: Burners not operating. Possible error codes displayed: C-81, F-12, F-40, F-47
- Possible causes:
- Ventilation Ports blocked –poor air flow through the cooktop
- Cooling Fans not operating
- Blown Fuse on Power Supply Board
- Heat build up on the induction module heat sink causing IGBTs (Insulated gate bipolar transistor) to brake down.
- Check for blocked Ventilation Ports.
- Check Cooling Fan operation.
- Check for blown fuses on Power Supply Board
- Replace the User Interface and Induction PC Board
Disclaimer: The Technical Reference Materials (hereinafter “Materials”) at this site are intended for viewing and use by qualified appliance service technicians. If you do not possess sufficient mechanical and electrical skills and the ability to comprehend, understand and follow all safety warnings and cautions on the product in these Materials, do not attempt to undertake the repairs that are depicted in these Materials. MD Appliance LLC disclaims any and all liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law, arising out of your use of the site and Materials.