Kitchen Aid Refrigerator Freezer Drawer Hard to Openmdallcsd
Kitchen Aid Refrigerator Freezer Drawer Hard to Open or CloseProblem:Kitchen Aid Refrigerator freezer drawer seems to bind when halfway open or closed. Cause: This may be due to the slide width being narrower than the basket width. Correction: Use the tolerance in the slide bracket and drawer holes to aid in relaxing the bind.
- Shut Off the Refrigerator.
- Remove the basket/door assembly from the refrigerator via the four 5/16” screws,
- Cycle the slides individually to confirm that the slide itself has not failed.
- Proceed to loosen the four 3/8” bolts attaching the slide bracket to the cabinet on each side.
- Push and hold each slide towards the wall and retighten the bolts.
- When reinstalling the basket/door assembly to the slides get all 4 5/16” screws started, then as tightening them down lift up on the basket .
- Turn on the refrigerator
Disclaimer: The Technical Reference Materials (hereinafter “Materials”) at this site are intended for viewing and use by qualified appliance service technicians. If you do not possess sufficient mechanical and electrical skills and the ability to comprehend, understand and follow all safety warnings and cautions on the product in these Materials, do not attempt to undertake the repairs that are depicted in these Materials. MD Appliance LLC disclaims any and all liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law, arising out of your use of the site and Materials.