Refrigerator Repair San DiegoMD Appliance LLC offers Refrigerator Repair in San Diego and Orange county, California. We service all refrigerator brands, makes and models. We do specialize in luxury refrigerator brands. Our technicians specialize in Viking refrigerator repair, Thermador, Miele, KitchenAid, GE Monogram, U-Line, Gaggenau, Bosch, True, Jen-Air, Dacor, Electrolux and Sub-Zero refrigerator repair. We also work on other major brands such as Whirlpool, Frigidaire, GE, Maytag, Kenmore, Samsung, LG, Kenmore and many more. Most households rely on their refrigerators on a daily basis. Refrigerator is the only home appliance that runs all the time. Because of that refrigerator problems are not uncommon. There are some things you can do to prevent problems with your refrigerator.
- Always set the temperature control on recommending settings. 37F in the refrigerator and 0F in the freezer compartment.
- Clean the refrigerator condenser coils ones a year. If you let the dust and debris accumulate on the coils it will cause the compressor to overheat. Compressor will work harder and eventually malfunction. Temperature will rise inside the unit and your food might not be safe to consume.
- Do not overload your refrigerator. You could block the cold air vent. Cold air will not circulate around your food. The result will be a warmer-than-recommended fridge, which can be dangerous in terms of food safety.
- Change the water and the air filter on a regular basis.
- Clean the spills inside the fridge. Therefore, bacteria and parasites will not contaminate your food.
- Regularly check the door gaskets for cracks and tears. Wipe the gaskets with the wet cloth to prevent any further damages.
Refrigerator not cooling - common causes:
- The temperature control setting is wrong. Therefore, correct the thermostat setting.
- The condenser coils might be covered with dust. First you need to locate condenser coils. They are typically in the back or on the bottom of the fridge. Then use a special brush to get rid of the dust.
- Replace the refrigerator door gaskets due to damages such as tears, cracks, gaps etc.
- The inside of the refrigerator is overloaded with food. The items in your fridge could be blocking the air vent. Because of that cold air will not circulate properly. That will cause temperature problems as well.
- The refrigerator is located in either too hot or too cold outside environment . The outside temperature can affect refrigerator proper operation. As a result that will cause the refrigerator to work longer and harder.
- The evaporator fan motor might stop working. As a result there will be no cold air circulation inside the unit. Temperature will rise and the food will spoil. If so replace the evaporator fan or call our professional service.
- The condenser fan motor stops working or starts making noise. Consequently that will overheat the compressor due to lack of the cooling airflow. If so replace the condenser fan motor or contact our service department.
- The start relay is faulty. If so, replace it or call our professional service.
- Ice maker is not making ice. First make sure that the it's turned on. Then check the water supply shut-off valve. Finally clear the ice maker from any ice cubes stuck inside or in the dispenser chute. If you can’t easily dislodge the ice, try to use warm water or a hair dryer to melt it. Replace the old water filter.